Founded in 1989, Busch Consulting provides Hawaii's businesses with high quality IT Consulting, Services and Support. We specialize in Managed Services & Information Security. Busch Consulting Inc. seeks an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Team. Applicants must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to work with minimal supervision, initiate and complete projects. The Systems Engineer is expected to work with a portfolio of business clients providing technology consulting services and support. Duties include regular analysis of client's Information Technology, providing recommendations, performing maintenance, support, network design and implementation.
- Design, implementation, documentation and maintenance of all managed environments
- Routinely monitor, prioritize and work requests in the ticketing queue system while adhering to contracted response times
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support for production environments
- Performs troubleshooting and leads problem-solving efforts often involving team members, external entities and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Develops security procedures to protect systems from unauthorized access, use and/or abuse
- Stays current with industry trends in systems administration, configuration/release management and automation technologies and recommends ways to integrate them into operations
- Perform multiple concurrent tasks and effectively respond to and engage in critical situations
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility with colleagues and clients
- 5+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer
- Vast Network Security Experience
- Virtualization experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. This includes proficiency in documentation of policies, security reviews, procedures and standards
- Valid Driver License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (dental, vision, prescription & alternative medicine)
- Simple IRA
- Training reimbursement
- Temporary Disability Insurance
Typical hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Monday – Friday). Individuals may be asked to occasionally work weekends and evening hours for special projects, customer education and community outreach events, or training.
Please send your resume including salary expectation.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.